Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Swap Status

My box from my Dish Rag Tag Team arrived today. I got home at 5:32 p.m., tore into the box, pulled out my goodies, picked a pattern and some needles, cast-on for a feather-and-fan discloth, and cast off at 8:48 p.m. Now I'll drop it in the mail to Heather In Utah tomorrow morning, and Team Whatever-Our-Name-Is is in the homestretch!

In Monkey Sock Swap news, I have selected and wound the yarn I will use for my pal's socks. Green Koigu! Whats not to love? By the way, I think there is still a day or two to sign up for this swap.
We went out with some friends last Saturday night to The Boston Deli. It was really, really good--seriously, if you're in the Tulsa area, stop by for a meal. I promise you won't be disappointed. Especially if you get desserts, to go, of course.
We went back to Sara and Kris' house for take-out dessert, jug wine, and a little fortune-telling with that ancient Mattel seer, Fortuna.
The weird thing is, she's eerily accurate. Here's Sarah, checking Fortuna's picks against her favorite horoscope site. Definitely a match!
And here's Paul, apparently supremely unconcerned that his hitherto unknown lovechild is supposed to appear on his doorstep this week. I'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Whoo-hoo! Nice job on the dishrage tag. That's an impressive turnaround!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I'm on the lookout for The Box and I'll let you all know when it arrives on my doorstep in Salt Lake City!

midgeling said...

Weird! I have never heard of Fortuna. That sounds like a fun thing to try. You know what else is strange? I made my MIL the same dishcloth in what looks like that same yarn about 8 years ago! It was like a weird deja vu seeing your photo! LOL!

Marianne said...

Paul's lovechild, eh? oh yeah, I'll be waiting to hear about this one! heh.
Lovin' that Koigu!
Good going on that dishrag tag!