Sunday, August 26, 2007

Monkey Sock Swap

I liked Sockapalooza so much, I decided to get in on the Monkey Sock Swap. Signups are ongoing until August 31st, so you might want to check it out.


Anyway, this is where I do the swap questionnaire, and it likely won't be interesting to anyone except my swap pal, so feel free to skip it!

The basics:
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I think I am at an advanced beginner level, or possibly a beginning intermediate.

The measurements:
Shoe Size: 9.5 US
Foot circumference: 9.5 inches
Foot length: 9.5 inches
Weird!

Yarn Preferences:
What colors do you love? Pinks, reds, blues, greens. Paler colors, for sure. I am not really into earth tones, although browns blended with the above colors is always nice. I think my color preferences are pretty apparent from a scan og my blog, and if you need clarification, feel free to ask!
Do you prefer solids or variegated? I love variegated yarns, especially for Monkeys! For lacy patterns or anything else, I like solids. I have been trying the last month or so to focus on amassing more solid colored sock yarns because I have a tendency to buy the lovely variegateds, and then have nothing to use on all those lovely patterns from Favorite Socks!
Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? I prefer wool, wool blends
What colors would you never wear? Earth tones, jewel tones
What are your favorite brands of yarn? Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, Fleece Artist, Koigu, Lisa Souza, Socks That Rock, Lorna's Laces, various independant Etsy sellers
Are there any new brands you would like to try? Brooklyn Handspun, Wollmeise, Yarn Nerd, The Knittery cashmere/merino blend, sKnitches

Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit? I've done two pairs of Monkeys, started Pomatomus several times
Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own? I really, really love Twisted Flower, and at the same time am intimidated by it. I do want to give it a try though!

Other pertinent information:
Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US? Prefer US
Do you have any allergies? None
Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? Cats and dogs!
Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name? lawyerlit

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Twisted flower is amazing! Don't be intimidated by it...I have finished one sock and it is gorgeous. I will be posting a pic as soon as I get my new computer at the end of this week! Yay! New computer for me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma - I'm your Monkey Sock pal! The answers to your sock pal questions gives me lots of fun knitting things to think about. I'm looking forward to making your socks.!