Saturday, April 07, 2007

WIP Round-up

I'm still working on Leo. I have one sleeve finished, and the second sleeve is started, I have the back finished, and am working on the front. Progress pics of this thing are so boring though, so just imagine miles of 5x3 ribbing, and you'll have an idea of what it looks like.

I also cast on yesterday for the STR Cedar Creek socks with my lightweight Lemongrass. Only one pattern repeat done so far though, so you don't get to see that either.

What you do get to see is my progress on my dad's scarf in the Karabella SuperYak:


And you get to see a teensy corner of a baby present I am making for my friend and old college roommate's new arrival, scheduled for July:


It's going to be so adorable when it's done!

And my plain old stockinette socks in Piece of Beauty's Boathouse.

And finally, a soon-to-be-started project, the Miter Square Blanket from Mason-Dixon Knitting. I have been rereading this book lately, and that combined with Cara of January One's gorgeous, seductive photos, have convinced me I need to start one of my very own.

I may soon be regretting this, as I understand the miter squares are addictive, and when you're done, you have tons of ends to weave in, not to mention all the seaming. But it just looks like such fun.

I bought one of every color my LYS had, but I know it won't be nearly enough for the whole project. But at least it will get me started. If you have any unwanted or un-needed full or partial skeins of Tahki Cotton Classic, email me. We may be able to help each other out.

That's all for now. Enjoy the weekend!

13 comments:

knottykitty said...

All of your projects look great! You sure have a lot of them going! I just love how many colors there are to choose from in the Tahki cotton--lots of vibrant ones, too.

deb

Knit and fall back in it said...

That is some beautiful crochet edging on that baby gift. You are amazing! :) I have a pattern for a mitred square afghan that is done in one piece. There are lots of ends to weave in, but not any seaming. I will bring it to the next knit night.

Rachel said...

I'm desperate to knit a mitered squares blanket too. I'm trying to hold out until I see January One's finished blanket, but I doubt if I can wait that long.

Krista said...

It's good that you were able to start with so many colors! I started my miters with ony 5 or 6 and have been adding 2 new colors a week. I wish I had planned better than that! I am only 5 squares away from finishing the blanket. Can't decide if I'm happy about that or not. I have a lot of little balls of the Cotton Classic left. Not sure if it's enough for you to use though. Especially after seaming! I've been weaving in ends as I finish them. It doesn't seem so bad that way. Good luck and I can't wait to see how it goes!

Marianne said...

Mmmmm, that yak blend.....pretty scarf. As always, your projects are beautiful!
Love all the colours of the cotton.

Carol said...

Can't wait to see the miter-y goodness. I'mtoying with the ideo of doing one myself. Maybe I can use you rproject to keep me from jones-ing while I finish my current projects!

teabird said...

I'm taking inspiration from your sock!

(sorry about deleting my comment - it came out garbled because part of the word verification was embedded in it -)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I'm this far from starting a mitre square blanket of my own! I think this post just got me there.

monica said...

I have been thinking about that mitred square blanket too, I must admit all the weaving in is keeping me from starting it. Everything looks lovely.

Robin said...

Thanks for the comment! What are the little "chickies" in the picture??
Mmmmm mitered squares, something I haven't tried yet.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

The mitered square blanket is going to be fun!! Cara is such an inspiration. Love the colors you have to get started with! And I love your chevron scarf from a few posts back too.

katie said...

Pretty yarns and pretty knitting! I'm pulling for you, Leo!

Anonymous said...

Were you inspired by Cara (January One)? I also thought about doing this, but I have too many projects going right now. Can't wait to see you're color combos.