Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm A Winner And Good Yarn Karma

I won a contest over at Knit-Whit.

Carrie sent me some dishcloth cotton, a lovely ballband warshcloth (I have made so many of these for other people, I never knew how fun it was to have someone make one for me), and something I have been wanting for a long time...

...a Chibi! Thanks Carrie (and Casey)

Have you guys visited Good Yarn Karma? It's a group blog where participants can get rid of things they no longer need by sending it to someone else who wants it for free (good karma!) or swapping it for something else. I've received some dishcloth cotton, adorable stitchmarkers, and, just last week, Vintage Knits for nothing. Go over and check it out.

8 comments:

schrodinger said...

That's some good karma - thanks for the heads up about the site. Congrats on the competition win!

knottykitty said...

Nice goodies! Those cotton colors will make a great ballband. Thanks for the hint about the yarn karma blog---great idea!

Marianne said...

How cool! I'll have to go check that site out.
Congrats on the win! Lovely goodies!

Melissa said...

Cool site!!
Nice package! I love cotton!! I have such a bast making dishcloths!

Knit and fall back in it said...

One can never have too much cotton. I love to wash my face with the ballband warshcloths.

Carrie said...

Thanks for playing along in the contest! I love giving prizes away
;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping get the word out about Good Yarn Karma. So far it has been wonderful and everyone has played fair.

I love the teal / lime green cotton. That will make a beautiful dishcloth.

Knit Masala said...

Congrats on your win - that's a nice prize package. And thanks for the tip on the yarn karma blog. I definitely have some yarn that I'll probably never use, so might as well score some points by giving it away. :)