Elly is very shaggy and in desperate need of a haircut. However, tonight, more than a haircut, she desperately needed a bath.
See, schnauzers can get very dirty, very surreptitiously. It's one of their traits, along with stubbornness and wet beards after drinking water.
So this one, after I discovered a patch of dried mud on her belly, got unceremoniously tossed into the bathtub.
Ok, I am almost embarrassed to post this photo. I swear the bathtub was clean prior to the schnauzer-bathing.
As for other news, and this time is it yarn-related, Eric and I decided to try our hand at dyeing yarn. Eric had received some pretty crappy fingering-weight arn on a big cone, so we experimented with that and Wilton icing dyes.
We're looking forward to trying it with some good quality sock yarn, so if you know of a source, let us know!
I think our ultimate results were pretty good.
As for the finished product, you'll have to wait until the knitted-up swatches are complete before I show them off.
But here's a little sneak preview for you.
Lastly, The back of Leo is finished. I have started on one of the sleeves, and don't look forward to all the miles of 5x3 ribbing ahead of me. But it will be worth it!
I'll leave you with this creepy photo of Oliver looking out the front door.