Monday, January 29, 2007

Book Meme

I don't usually do these things, but I saw this on Schrodinger's blog, and I love books, so I just couldn't resist. Unfortunately, I am at work now so all I have are boring legal books.

Instructions:

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.

5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

6. Tag 5 people

The first book I picked up was my Professional Responsibility textbook, but page 123 was a chapter divider. So the next closest one is Nonprofit Oragnizations, and page 123 gives us this nugget of wisdom:

Some nonprofit statutes provide that a charitable corporation holds full ownership rights in donated property and is not deemed a trustee. See N.Y. Not-for-Profit Corp. L. § 513. Where a donor makes an unresticted gift to a charitable corporation, the corporation may use the donated property for any of its charitable purposes. Alumnae Assn. of Newport Hospital School of Nursing v. DeSimone, 106 R.I. 196, 258 A2d 80 (1969); Y.M.C.A. v. Morgan, 281 N.C., 189 S.E. 2d 169 (1972).

Ok, now that I have thoroughly bored you, consider yourself tagged!

4 comments:

craftyminx said...

I have apron envy now. Although I shouldn't I have so many its scary. Your pirate hats are awesome! I am really wanting to make one but my fair isle is less than stellar. I try and convince myself I can do it with one hand and it never works. sad day...

schrodinger said...

Hmmmm, that says it all really.

PictureThiz said...

Ok Emma.. I did it and I have to say that mine was a little more interesting that yours. It must have made you want to fall asleep to type all of the number/letter combos there. That was pretty cool actually. I thought I would end up with something boring but I enjoyed even though some might not. Thank you for a little pick me up for the day.

Knitting Rose said...

Ok - I did it and I must say I was VERY weirded out by my taste in books. (it was actually my hubby's book - but I was planning on reading it, now I am not so sure). Here is the result: "In a particularly macabre touch, the inverted udder had landed on one of the gateposts in the picket fence, and the teats pointed skyward.
This black-and-white Holstein cow, approximately the size of an SUV, had previously stood atop two twenty-foot-tall steel poles, neither of which had been damaged in the explosion. The only thinkg left on that high perch was the cow’s butt, which had shifted position until it faced the street, as if mooning passersby." From Dean Koontz's 'Odd Thomas'