Monday, May 26, 2008

Bathroom Update

We finally put some finishing touches on the bathroom this weekend. This has been the never-ending home improvement project from hell. Seriously--never-ending. Now some spots on the walls need touchups because when the so-called painter's tape came down, it took wall color with it. It's a vicious cycle.


But it looks pretty good, despite those pesky spots. This is my favorite view:



In case you're wondering, the towel rack is a custom job from etsy seller thedarkcottage. My current knitting project is ballband handtowels that will hang from the hooks. Strangely enough, this project did not occur to me until the day before yesterday, but I think it's a perfect solution.



Oh, and Monkey Pal Jody--I lost your email address, but I wanted to say thanks so much for the package. The socks are a perfect fit and the yarn is gorgeous--definitely well worth the wait and just to my liking. Thanks for everything!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those colors! And the ballbands are perfect with that hangy thing!

Sheepish Annie said...

Fabulous! I'm happier just looking at the bright colors. I really need to do something with my bathroom...it is so very, very blah!

Knit and fall back in it said...

It might seem like a never-ending project, but it looks to me like it was worth it. It looks great.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the green apple wall color!!!! Fabulous! The washrag is perfect color.

laura said...

Very Pretty. It looks great!

Marianne said...

Love the bathroom.. it's so fresh and happy looking, and the warshrag colours are perfect!

I seriously hate 'touch up' work.

Veronique said...

Your bathroom is gorgeous! I read somewhere that you're supposed to remove the blue painter's tape while the paint is still wet...

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

It all looks fantastic, you must be really pleased.

Unknown said...

Nice color! come paint my place???

Sanders said...

We missed you Tuesday!~ Your bathroom looks fabulous! Such a fresh, beautiful color:-)

BEESTLYproducts said...

i effing love it.
come re-do mine next?

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic! I'm dreading the re-do of ours, so please tell me it is worth it.