Saturday, December 16, 2006

Why I Haven't Blogged Lately...

I was at a conference for nearly a week in Palm Springs, California...



...where they have cell phone chargers on the sidewalks.



And I have been working non-stop on these:



I made about 30 of them from the pattern that came with my sockblocker keychain. They're so adorable--and they have everything a full-size sock does: cuff, heel flap, heel turn, gussets, toe decreases. Everything! I have one to tie on a package for everyone on my list.



And the rest I made into a garland:



Exhausting.

13 comments:

Erin said...

that's pretty darn cool you can charge your cellphone on the sidewalk... a tad excessive, tho! Those wee lil socks are toooooooo cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

omg, those timy socks are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Cell chargers on the sidewalk??? In Maine, we don't even have cell signals in many places! Stupid trees...

Love the widdle sockies!!!!!!! What a great "extra" on a package!

Terby said...

The mini socks are so cute! The keychain gets me every time. Hope it was a good conference.

Anonymous said...

Sidewalk phone chargers! *Snort*

Sanders said...

Those socks are too cute! Too bad they aren't taking any orders until Jan.!!

They make a lovely garland, very festive.

lobstah said...

Ridiculously cute! You deserve a pat on the back for all that work!

Dove Knits said...

Those packages are gorgeous! And the socks...so cute! What a nice idea.

Anonymous said...

OMG - those are sooo adorable! I may just have to make some of those myself! I did NOT know Palm Springs has chargers on the streets! Wow - must be nice.

schrodinger said...

Cute, cute socks, great idea for decorations.

Marianne said...

Emma, you are such a clever woman, love the little sockies.

katie said...

I love your little socks! They remind me of what I'm knitting for Christmas. And you've also given me an idea for packaging them!

Anonymous said...

So cute!
And what do u mean cell-ph charges on the sidewalk??