Sunday, October 19, 2008

Simply Scraps

I knew this would happen. I knew I would start this sock yarn scrap blanket and that I would become addicted to it. I knew it would be lovely and fun to work on. And I knew I would quickly run out of scraps.

If anyone else is working on one and would like to trade some scraps, email me. Or, if you'd just like to send me some scraps, that will work too!

I have been so busy knitting thiese last few weeks, I haven't had time for blogging, which really is a nice change from my knitting dry spell which seemed to last all summer long.

Projects on the needles: the sock yarn scrap blankie and a Christmas stocking my boss asked me to make. His mother was a knitter and she knitted stockings for all his kids. Now that he has a grandchild, he and his wife thought it would be nice to have an identical knitted stocking for the baby. I'm going by a pattern from a kit, probably from the mid-60's. And it's intarsia, which I have never done before. Pictures next time, once it starts to look like something!

17 comments:

Sarah said...

That is spectacular! (I was really proud of my scrap blanket, until I saw yours!)

Sanders said...

Welcome to the crazy club! I've got a bit over 100 squares and Amy is probably close to 200! I've got a bunch of scraps I'll share with you -

It looks lovely! I like the way your squares are joined- looks tidier than mine, you'll have to show me what you're doing.

Are you coming to beer knitting?

Sheepish Annie said...

That is so lovely! Sadly, I have nothing to offer towards its completion, but I'll bet something materializes soon!

Marianne said...

YAY!!! 'Tis Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

If I have any scraps in my blanket chest, I'll send them! Email me your address!

ann I am said...

I keep promising to bring scraps for the others to knit night, but haven't been organized enough to do so. Hopefully I'll get my scrap together by Tuesday :)

Sarah said...

Gorgeous colors you've got in yours!

midgeling said...

It is really looking lovely! I can't wait to see it finished.

Knit and fall back in it said...

It's even more beautiful in person. I've rolled up a a few more little balls of yarn for you.

Isn't it fun?

{Tara} said...

Emma, election night was great -- thanks!! This blanket is amazing...you are much too modest about your knitting talents!

{Tara} said...

Hi there Emma! Did karaoke go well? I REALLY want to come over for that some night... I wanted to let you know that I tagged you on my blog today! Hope you have a great afternoon...see you soon, I hope! Oh, BTW, I'm on Facebook now -- *yikes* I'm not sure how to use it though...

Grace said...

Hey! I love your blog. I am a fellow okie fashion blogger. I added you to my blogroll.

Tasha said...

Hi, Emma! Your blog seriously makes me want to eat yarn. I need some good, good help.

Chinese food, huh? Wanna know something strange? My favorite Chinese food place is in Sand Springs. I don't know the name of it, but it's off of 2nd and Jefferson in that small strip center just west of the Mazzio's. You could spend $10 and have leftovers for two more meals, and everything is always super-fresh.

I don't know if you like Thai (not at all really like Chinese, but it's Asian, so there!), but I had dinner at Thai Siam at 31st & Sheridan tonight, and it was FAB. Fab, I tell you.

Also, KEO on Brookside. I think they're running a prix fixe menu during the week right now.

{Tara} said...

I tagged you on my blog, so now you will be forced to post something!!!

Life's a Stitch said...

I am a sucker for squares and self striping yarn, although I haven't yet done one with sock yarn.

Michelle Schraudner said...

That's super cute! I love the idea of using scraps to make something so neat.

Anonymous said...

Jeez, there hasn't been any activity on this blog for over a year! Wha hoppen, Emma???